Bovine Herpesvirus-1 (IBR) PCR
|WADDL - Pullman||Molecular Diagnostics||Mon-Fri||1-9 days|
Detection of bovine herpesvirus-1 (BHV-1), the causative agent of Infectious Bovine Rhinotracheitis (IBR), by real-time PCR.
- 1 g fresh, frozen, or formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissues, including:
- Fetal tissues
- Cell cultures or supernatants from cell cultures suspected as being infected with BHV-1
- 1-2mL EDTA whole blood
- Nasopharyngeal or conjunctival swab (plastic/synthetic swabs preferable. Do not submit swabs in agarose media or calcium alginate swabs, since those inhibit PCR)
- 1-2mL bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL)
- 1-2mL Transtracheal wash (TTW)
For additional information on how to collect and submit a sample please visit our Submit a Sample page.
Label all samples. Store refrigerated. Ship overnight on cold packs in an insulated container.
For additional information, please visit our Packing and Shipping page.
For online test ordering please visit our Submit a Sample page for additional information. To submit a specimen without submitting through our online portal please see our Forms page for fillable forms and further instruction.