Serum Mineral Screen
|WADDL - Pullman||Toxicology||Mon-Fri||5-7 Business days|
Lysis of red blood cells may affect calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc within a specimen.
Serum must be separated from blood prior to shipping. Lysis of RBCs may affect iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc levels.
- Serum (1-3 mL; minimum of 200 ul for our avian/small exotic patients only.)
Other acceptable Sample:
- Plasma (1-3 mL; minimum of 200 ul for our avian/small exotic patients only)
Note: Small volume samples may affect reporting limits. Additional fees may apply.
Separate serum before shipping and avoid contact with any rubber stoppers during collection and shipping. Plasma must be poured off prior to shipping. Send samples chilled or frozen with an ice pack.
For additional information on how to collect and submit a sample please visit our Submit a Sample page.
- Serum- acceptable tube types
- Plastic Top - Red Top Tube (without additives)
- Plastic Top - Serum Separator Tube (without additives)
- Royal Blue Trace Element Tube (without additives)
- Plasma- Spun using one of the following acceptable tubes before being poured into any sterile tube for transport.
- Lavender Top Tube (with EDTA additive)
- Blue Top Tube (with K2EDTA additive)
- Green Top Tube (with heparin additive)
Label sample container/tube with corresponding name identifier.
For additional information, please visit our Packing and Shipping page.
For more specific sample collection guidelines please see our Submit A Sample webpage.
For online test ordering please visit our Submit a Sample page for additional information. To submit a specimen without submitting through our online portal please see our Forms page for fillable forms and further instruction.