Ammonia (Nonprotein nitrogen poisoning-urea)
|WADDL - Pullman||Toxicology||Mon-Fri||5-7 Business days|
Quantitation of ammonia within a specimen
Preferred sample type:
- Plasma (5 - 10 ml)
- Ocular fluid (full intact eyeball)
Other acceptable samples:
- Rumen/Abomasal contents (100 g)
Freeze specimens. Postmortem samples should be collected within 30 minutes of death. Additionally, plasma must be separated from red blood cells and non-hemolyzed.
For additional information on how to collect and submit a sample please visit our Submit a Sample page.
- Plasma- Spun using one of the following acceptable tubes before being poured into any sterile tube for transport.
- Lavender Top Tube (with EDTA additive)
- Blue Top Tube (with K2EDTA additive)
- Green Top Tube (with heparin additive)
- Ocular Fluid, Rumen/Abomasal contents-
- A sterile, leak-proof container or bag
Freeze sample and label sample container/tube with corresponding name identifier.
For additional information, please visit our Packing and Shipping page.
For more specific sample collection guidelines please see our Submit A Sample webpage.
For online test ordering please visit our Submit a Sample page for additional information. To submit a specimen without submitting through our online portal please see our Forms page for fillable forms and further instruction.