West Nile Virus PCR
|WADDL - Pullman||Molecular Diagnostics||Mon-Fri||1-8 days|
Detection of West Nile Virus by real-time PCR.
- 1 g fresh, frozen, or formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue, including:
- Spleen (preferred for non-corvid avian species)
- Heart (preferred for non-corvid avian species)
- Brainstem (preferred for equine species,
- Lung (preferred for non-corvid avian species)
- Lymph nodes
- Choanal swab from corvid avian species (plastic/synthetic swabs preferable. Do not submit swabs in agarose media or calcium alginate swabs, since those inhibit PCR)
- Whatman FTA cards inoculated with choanal swabs from corvid avian species
For additional information on how to collect and submit a sample please visit our Submit a Sample page.
Tissues, swabs: sealed, leak-proof plastic bag or container.
Label all samples. Store refrigerated. Ship overnight on cold packs in an insulated container.
For additional information, please visit our Packing and Shipping page.
For online test ordering please visit our Submit a Sample page for additional information. To submit a specimen without submitting through our online portal please see our Forms page for fillable forms and further instruction.