Aquatic Aerobic Culture, Health Surveillance
|WADDL - Pullman||Aquatic Health||Mon-Fri||29 days|
Aerobic bacterial culture to screen for Aeromonas salmonicida and Yersinia ruckeri in individual fish for fish health certification testing using American Fisheries Society-Fish Health Section Blue Book methods. The price listed is for samples from individual fish; please contact the lab for information about the price for pooled samples.
- Bacterial culture plates (Columbia blood agar, brain heart infusion agar, or trypticase soy agar) inoculated with fish kidney.
- Tissues (fresh): Individual kidneys OR kidney/spleen pools of no more than five fish.
- Please contact the lab in advance if you have questions about submitting specimens not listed above.
- When submitting bacterial culture plates, no more than four fish may be inoculated onto the same plate.
- When submitting pooled samples, no more than five fish may be pooled.
For additional information on how to collect and submit a sample please visit our Submit a Sample page.
- Bacterial culture plates inoculated with individual fish kidneys from up to four fish in the same lot per plate.
- Fresh tissues should be submitted in sterile bags or tubes.
Place inoculated agar plates (agar side up) in a sealed plastic bag to prevent moisture from contacting the agar. Insulate the bag containing the plates or tissue samples to prevent damage and freezing. Ship chilled in an insulated cooler with ice packs.
For additional information, please visit our Packing and Shipping page.
Order one test per fish.
For online test ordering please visit our Submit a Sample page for additional information. To submit a specimen without submitting through our online portal please see our Forms page for fillable forms and further instruction.